View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 09:58 PM   #44
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I'm seeing a lot of reference to the sorts of things Ute4ever mentioned or implied. An Old Testament God. An angry God. A God who chooses whom he loves. Quotes from GA that God's love is not unconditional. God loves some of his children but not all. From people who support the decision to ban the children of gays.

This is the competing vision of Mormonism. Against the version that ponders a God who weeps.

What a mess.

The FP and Q12 have much more data in hand than any of us. They have statistics that we are not privy to. I'm guessing many of the numbers look bad. And perhaps this has contributed to a circle-the-wagons mindset.

"Because the world is evil and the members are succumbing to the world."

I believe it is a function of having a bunch like-minded businessmen who are mostly very old and not familiar with even the sentiments of their own flock. They don't read or understand sociology and simply implement business strategies.

We exclude the voices of fifty percent of the population by excluding women. We next exclude all but the white race in making policy decisions. And finally, we only involved the very old and those from Utah in most decisions. Is it any surprise we have nothing but weird, insular decisions?