View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 01:22 AM   #9
Sea Chicken

Sea Chicken is on a distinguished road

The course kicked my butt. It was hot and hilly and I finished in 4:14:54. But instead of getting all pissed off over it like I did in Pocatello, I decided that I was there to enjoy the race and was going to have a good time anyway.

This was a really cool race. I had wanted to do a big city marathon to see what it was like and I wasn't disappointed. All together there were more than 17,000 people participating between the 5k, Half, Relay and Marathon. The course was great. It started at the stadiums and passed by the harbor, Ft. McHenry, through a variety of neighborhoods, around a lake and ended up with a run through Camden Yards. We also ran past the USS Torsk, which was cool for me because my old man served on that submarine back in the day.

As for the mean streets of Baltimore, the course went mostly through the better parts of town, although there were a few neighborhoods where the locals just stared at us as if to wonder what all those white folks were running from.

So, even though I wasn't thrilled with my time, I still ran 26.2 miles and beat more than half the field. A much better way to spend the weekend than sitting on my butt in Pittsburgh.
Sea Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote