View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 08:17 PM   #32
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
I have a relative who is well connected. He is very much "in the know" of things that happen at BYU and in the church.

Over Thanksgiving, I mentioned to him that Jerry Jones annouced the $100,000 donation requirement for the rights to purchase the best seats in the Cowboys new billion-dollar stadium.

We got into a discussion similar to this thread. He told me that every year, the Legacy donors and other prominent members of the church that have ties to BYU are solicited for additional donations, and every year, over $50 million is raised for the university.
Legacies (and non CC donors) definitely are hit up each year, and definitely give each year...Coaches Circle, CC, and stuff that doesnt even go towards athletics, such as funding for new campus buildings, etc..

I have no way of knowing, but $50MM a year in donations, particularly repetitive ones, seems awfully high.

Santos may know for sure since he seems to have access to the LDS Church accounting database. But I would venture to guess that $50MM is high.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote