View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 11:54 PM   #16
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Head
For you guys who know what you're doing -- or at least feign it very well -- do you know anything about Ibex bikes? The company doesn't sell in stores "in order to cut out the middle man and keep prices down."
I looked at Ibex when I was first bike shopping. It's been a while, but I think that I came to the conclusion that the frames were where they were saving their money. I have a vague memory of a bike shop mechanic explaining to me why their frames sucked, but he of course had a vested interest in me not buying one.

Just as an FYI, I also looked on ebay a lot while bike shopping. There were a few sellers selling european sounding brands at excellent prices and with good componentry. I was tempted to buy, but during my research I found that they owned the pages that they were linking to and had tried to make them look like the manufacturers page. When I emailed them and called them on it, they stopped responding to any of my questions. If I remember the brands I'll let you know, but I'll bet you've already come across it.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote