View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 12:27 AM   #45
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
In some cases people resort to name-calling when they are losing. I do name-calling when I'm both winning and losing.

My stove isn't tricky at all. Pressurize the fuel, takes about 20 seconds. Hook the fuel to the stove. Snap. Let a small amount of fuel out. Light it with sparker knife. Let it burn for a minute. Turn up fuel. Done.

Oh, one thing that's kinda bad about my stove is that it is VERY loud. It sounds like a jet engine. But also lets nature know you are there, and you are not messing around.

My zipstove is better than the superfly. Don't have to carry any fuel. Uses 1 AA battery. If you were going for a week, I would bring one or two extra batteries. It gets very, very hot because basically it is a forge. Also ligh.
I wasn't offended. I just didn't think it was very persuasive.

Look, you camp more than me, so your opinion certainbly has weight. All I know is that I really like my SF and I have used the other types and still prefer it. It works great for me up in the Sierra and I highly recommend it. That being true, it is clearly not for everyone and if you don' t like it, then don' t buy it.