View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 02:27 PM   #15
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
MJ and Co. Would eat this SA team alive. It helped tremendously that Jordan retired in order for SA to get their titles.

If we're talking Stock, Malone and Horny during the years the Jazz went to the finals:

John Stockton would make Parker whimper like a cowardly Frenchman. Stockton was a terrific defender and had a way of making quicker point guards cry like little girls. And there is no way Parker could stop Stockton from getting the ball to whomever Stock wanted to pass. People also choose to ignore that Stock cold score at will if he felt he needed to. Watch the 4th quarter of Game 6 of the '97 Finals against Houston for proof of that.

I'll give Duncan the edge over Malone because of Duncan's length; however, Malone's strength is so superior that he would beat the hell out of Duncan on defense and make Duncan work so hard to guard Malone, this could actually be a wash.

Ginoboli is more versatile, but don't underestimate Horny. He was better at coming of screens for mid to long range jumpers and had a knack of not getting the ball slapped away or his shot blocked. And the screens those Jazz teams would set to free up Hornacek would beat the hell out of Ginoboli and eventually tire him out. For that reason, I give the advantage to Horny.

Again, MJ and the Bulls would destroy this SA team. He's the only reason Stock, Malone and Horny don't have two rings. Jazz choked it away in '99 in the shortened season and SA won it, but remember, Jordan was gone and it wasn't SA that ousted Utah.
This my friend is why you need to stick to baseball. You had me all the way up until you said stock could guard tony parker, parker would blow by him so fast, then what? Malone would be on Duncan so he couldnt help, it would be Parker and Ostertag one on one at the rim, i like the frenchmens chances.