View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 06:34 PM   #28
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Firstly I do not condone the actions of the women in the stories. I do not offer excuses to explain their behaviour. I do not believe they are justified in their actions. My response was to point our that there is more to the story.

About provocation -It is wrong for any PERSON to react unrighteously in response to provocation. That does not change the fact that provocation has consequences, one of which is another person acting unrighteously in reponse to the provocation!

it's a vicious circle.

I know for a fact woman can and are unfaithful and never suggested they could not or are not.

None of this alters what I have written about the root of this problem ... The very fact that we are having this conversation illustrates that misunderstanding of woman by the dominant male is rampant. We are looking at this from the male perspective, hence our findings from the get go are incomplete. You joke that I am a trial lawyer is funny :-D I am an artist who perhaps has sat in one too many feminitst driven art history courses :P I am merely trying to see it from the woman's perspective to encourage balance in the discussion.

I have a good friend who has suffered similarly to one of the men in your two stories. He is a faithful member of the church. His former wife is no longer faithful to any one but herself. When he speaks about the situation he is often candid. He refuse to be a victim and readily admits to his role in the dissintegration of the relationship.

Mostly I do not ever want to lose sight of the truths of our role as men in the priesthood. We are to lead out and direct with love, gentleness, persuassion etc.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote