View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:25 AM   #59
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
It was never an issue of choir music selection, but rather how the approach would appear to new converts coming from a different tradition, one with which you may be unfamiliar. I do not rate myself an expert on African American affairs, and am probably ill-informed about them. And they don't all resonate with me, because I'm not black. Yet, I intellectually acknowledge that they are important to blacks, and if black members are infused with this tradition, then I need to be sensitive to their sensitivities. One area of sensitivity that I have observed is music. In black subculture, music is of vital importance. So as they join the LDS fold and we become part of their communities so that there is no them and us, we need to be more sensitive to this issue. Is that a bad thing?
Oh, I'm all for sensitivity. I just don't think this kind of thing qualifies as the kind of issue one should escalate, quietly or otherwise. I don't think it pays dividends in the long run for anyone involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
She was worried about their souls, you may not be.
I proudly return the title of "Most Hateful and Condescending Poster" back to you.

And to think, this guy has the gall to bellyache over a perceived "angels of heaven" defense.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote