View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 03:37 PM   #35
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
An adult who runs over a child doesn't commit a crime unless there are extenuating circumstances indicating gross neglect such as drunkenness or speeding in a school zone or other like factors. How long does it take to kill a child in a hot car? Hours? How much notice does the parent have that the day is hot and the child is in the car that is closed up?

Even if she was ignorant of the lethal consequences she was callous of her child's personal comfort. How long would she sit in a closed car in 100 degree temporature? She abused the child.

For that matter, no one should leave their small child in the car for long periods unsupervised in perfect weather.

The law is on my side. You and others here who disagree wiht me are on the lunatic fringe.

I'm glad you're not a lawyer because your abilty to analogize sucks. You'd probably not do so well on IQ tests either.

The point isn't that it was necessarily premeditated murder. The point is she was guilty of gross neglect, like a reckless driver.

This board sure has cured me of any notion doctors are gods. They say the dumbest things sometimes, even about human health.
Sheesh, get off your high horse already. I did not "equate" the two. I was indicating that certain horrible things happen that will haunt the person involved until the day they die. I cannot imagine ever having peace after being involved in either type of incident.