View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #33
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Good grief, by now leaving a child to die of heat exhaustion in a closed car is like diving in three feet of water. Who doesn't understand the the consequences of that? I can understand having a great deal of pity for a parent who becomes momentarily distracted and the kid suddenly winds up at the bottom of the pool. But leaving a kid in a car in 100 degrees is different. I have no problem with the state intervening to protect young children from abusive parents. This is a form of child abuse, and if the child dies in such a situation, there should be criminal sanction just as surely as if the parent beat the child to death. FWIW, IMHO. Can't believe Rocky and I agree on anything.
Yeah, that should definitely send up a red flag that you're talking out of your ass...

No one disagrees that if there's any evidence that she did this on purpose, that this happens regularly, etc that it's abuse/neglect and she should be criminally prosecuted. Of course she understands the consequences of leaving a kid in a hot car, just like the guy who accidentally runs over his child also understands the consequences of running a tire over his child's head. That doesn't make either abuse or neglect on its own.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote