View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #6
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
You seem to have really bad luck. I have yet to be at a tri that anything was cancelled.

I think it more a question of the event staff and providers that are afraid of any liability if they let you race in anything but perfect conditions.

You should come out and race in my neck of the woods. I doubt the girl putting it on would cancel for any reasons. http://www.highsierratri.org/junelake.html

You are right about the event staff. I was talking to the race director when the head of search and rescue came up and asked the rd what he thought about doing the swim, the rd responded, "No I don't think so." I was so mad at him. I would have thought he would at least put up a damn fight.

Your race looks beautiful, but I am already signed up for the Xango echo Tri that weekend.

In a move of complete stupidity, I signed up for a Half Ironman. It is on august 9th. I didn't think I would be ready for your 70.3 on the 29th Arch.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote