View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 07:45 PM   #9
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
This political season is beyond despairing to me.

Hillary's tax policies will diminish business returns and capital investment. Her attack on inheritances is ironic given her penchant for building up an inheritance. A 65% inheritance tax is incomprehensibly large.
So is a 45% tariff. Hillary's policies may keep the economy slow. Trump's would usher in instant recession or depression. Most Americans can't afford 45% higher prices at the store. The economy would tank almost overnight. I don't want either to win.

On the foreign front, I'm also sick of our interventionist war mongering ways, but Trump has promised more or less the same thing in the middle east and also presents the very real danger on top of that of hanging out on twitter at 3am insulting foreign leaders while at the controls of our nuclear arsenal. I mean, who wouldn't want our President up at 3am insulting the Chinese for no apparent reason while our ships pass through the S. China Sea? While this scenario is completely ridiculous to have to consider with a president of the US, it's shockingly realistic with a nutcase like Trump.

What a tragedy. Hillary would have been very easy to defeat had the stupid GOP nominated someone who isn't severely mentally ill on top of already being a disgusting piece of crap.

Last edited by BlueK; 10-15-2016 at 01:11 AM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote