View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #7
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Interesting pelgius, I had not read that. Here is maybe a silly question, then. We pray to God the Father, that is, Elohim the father of Jesus. We do this in the name of Jesus.

Who did the people of the Old Testament pray to?

The story of Hezekiah seems to suggest it was Jehovah, that is Jesus, who they are praying to since He commands Isaiah to tell Hezekiah that He, Jehovah or Jesus, has heard Hezekiah's prayers.

Isaiah 38:1-5
1 In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came unto him, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Set thine house in order: for thou shalt die, and not live.
2 Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the Lord,
3 And said, Remember now, O Lord, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.
4 ¶ Then came the word of the Lord to Isaiah, saying,
5 Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.

Is anyone aware of a doctrinal reason why we pray to Elohim and they prayed to Jesus? Lots of Christians do pray to Jesus. Or do I misunderstand?