View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road
Default Jehovah of the Old Testament is Jesus?

Can anyone point me to any authority they are aware of for that proposition that is not found in the temple?

Also, what are people's thoughts on how to square that idea with this scripture, 3 Nephi 24:1 (this is Nephi or maybe Mormon speaking of Jesus):

And it came to pass that he commanded them that they should write the words which the Father had given unto Malachi, which he should tell unto them. And it came to pass that after they were written he expounded them. And these are the words which he did tell unto them, saying: Thus said the Father unto Malachi—Behold, I will asend my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me, and the Lord whom ye seek shall suddenly ccome to his temple, even the dmessenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in; behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of Hosts.

Also, what does Joseph mean by this:

"We believe in God the Father, who is the Great Jehovah and head of all things, and that Christ is the Son of God, co-eternal with the Father."

I had never focused on this precise issue and find it more than a little confusing. Has anyone already done the analysis on this?