View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #5
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
This is a great thing you have decided to do. My dad is your height and about your weight (probably a few pounds heavier, but not much), but is almost 56. At 46, he developed Type 2 Diabetes, he has high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma, and about 3 years ago he was diagnosed with Parkinsons. I have been doing all I can to try to convince him to lose weight, but it's certainly been a losing battle this far. For a little while there during the Atkin's fad, he did atkins and lost about 30 lbs, but wasn't doing any exercise and once the weight gain slowed down, he got discouraged and quit. His parkinsons really limits how much he can walk and he goes out to eat a lot now since my Mom died, so it's been a constant battle. Don't get discouraged or give up, I think it's a great idea for you to track your progress here where we can provide encouragement. I'll be looking forward to the updates.
Thanks. It may be morbid but I really thing that's the kind of encouragement I need. "Get off your lazy ass" doesn't seem to work. "<insert family member / acquaintaince / etc. here> died / is deathly ill because he was fat like you" does work.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote