View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
FMCoug

FMCoug
Default Week2 (2/24 - 3/1)

After the great first week, I went and got the flu which seriously hurt my progress. Didn't exercise at all the first half of the week. The flu was so bad that it made all my muscles hurt, including the tendonitis in my foot. I've been limping ever since.

Based on that and the need for a low impact exercise to mix things up, I bought a bike. Other threads here have all the details on that so I won't post it here. But one thing I noticed is that with only being able to walk 3mph on the treadmill, I clearly wasn't getting much cardio benefit. The first bike ride was just 2 miles last night when I brought the bike home and I though I was going to die (mostly lungs / breathing). One thing I should probably invest in is a heart rate monitor. I have a chest strap for the treadmill but need to get the wrist unit for the bike.

I did manage to lift once this week and will again today so I'll at least get 2 of those in. And will try to ride the bike and/or walk on the treadmill today and tomorrow.

Weigh-in is on Monday nights (FHE) but given the flu, injuries, etc. I'm hoping just not to gain anything back this week. Hopefully I can stay healthy. One thing I'm noticing is that as fat and out of shape I am, the exercising is a double-edged sword as I'm injuring myself. Guess we'll see how it goes.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote