View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 05:15 PM   #5
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Back in the day in the Wac and in the MWC, BYU won conference titles, made it to the Tourney now and then and once in awhile won a game there.

Now, BYU lucks into the NIT and loses in the first round. How can one care about a team that can't win the WCC?

I appreciate Dave Rose for what he has meant to BYU, but maybe the game has passed him by. He's not recruiting well, and his teams aren't playing well.

I have no idea if the team will resort to form and lose to sucky teams while failing to defeat SMC and Gonzaga, to finish in third place, to struggle to make the NIT and to be one again a disappointment.

BYU will win 18-22 games with most games won being uninteresting and unimportant.
No one will agree with you more than I will about the NIT not being enough. But until recently, Rose making the real tournament every year is why we have that expectation. I think we get there this year, but we'll see. He definitely has had issues with roster stability, perhaps recruiting the last few years.

SMC is not going to be that great. They lost 6 of their best 7 players and they weren't deeper than that.

This is the first time in the post-Jimmer era that we aren't replacing 7-9 players from the previous year. That has killed us. Rose has to take some blame for constant roster upheaval, but that hasn't happened this time. I think it will lead to a better team.

18-22 wins...so you're predicting 2-6 fewer wins this season. Ok. Just wanted to get the context out there.