Thread: tv wiring
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
will begin building some bookshelves and cabinets for tv/dvd/etc, soon.
I'd like to control the spider nest of cables as best as possible. I'm sure there are panels for doing this sort of thing. anyone w/ any experience?
Anyone designed such a system? I'd like to consider all things as I put together my plan.
It really depends on what equipment you have. I recommend using an AV Receiver. Assuming you get a quality one, you can connect all the gear up to that, and then connect that to the TV.

If you're building the entertainment center yourself, just make sure you give yourself plenty of room around your gear. Overheated electronics is one of the biggest factors that decrease their life. I would even recommend a built-in fan in the back of the cabinet to help keep things cool.

You can also find tubing that will consolidate your cables into one 'bunch', to keep the wires from being all over the place. If you want to go on the cheap, just use some PVC pipe attached to the back of the shelves (behind the backing, obviously). You can run the cords through the pipe.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote