View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #35
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
You are incorrect in saying the missionaries "aren't supposed to follow the principals." Of course they are. We just don't imprison our missionaries when they fail to do so like you note Islam does.

If Islamic missionaries were as dedicated and devout as you claim in your first few paragraphs, there would be no need for an external punishment system for those who fail. There wouldn't be any failures.

What you are acknowledging, without even realizing it, is that Mormon missionaries and Islamic missionaries are both prone to error. Islam just takes the extra step of brutally punishing those who step out of line. I wouldn't assume that a regime of brutal punishment for missionaries is per se better than one without such punishment.

Hopefully a new Mormon who was converted by a lousy missionary would recognize that the new Mormon's belief was built on Christ and God and not on a belief in the missionary. If the testimony was built on the missionary, then a fall from the church would be inevitable anyways.
you arenot punishing those who are supposed to do something ,but fail to meet the demand???
so under which circumstances you probably might be inclined to consider punishment??
would you in any possiblity believe in a world free of punishment??? I explosively wish it could be true... but i am sorry itsnot .

I am certain you appreciate that in many cases ,punishment is a natural consequence of the act itself ....like when we fail to watch our diet , our health system would punish us with producing disease ...its just the way it is.

but honestly as a human being i could not hide my eagerness to have a world free of punishment ... just imagine to recieve 4ooo kcal each day for more than 30 years ,and not getting fat!!!

please let me help you to get acquainted with islamic mission system here in Iran ,so you would no longer be mistaken.

mission in islam isnot just a two year duty ,its a life time career and committment and the goal of every missionaries is to become an Ayatollah which indeed requaires extraordinary sincer effort to achive that .

An Ayatollah is someone who might be followed by ordinary people through thier lives , so they got to be ultra cautious owing to the ultra duty they have got to fullfill.

granted ,human being is fairly predisposed to the error and mistakes even in the last second of life ,due to the permanent presence of satan in matter of temptation.
but islam unlike with ( what is in mormon doctine) doesnot believe Satan wanted to require all people to do what was right (as you pointed out in your previous post) rather believes satan possesses the power to tempt human to do wrong or not doing right ,and that man could get empowered to deafet him , difficult job ,but still possible!

ergo we are witness of the human being superiority over angels in islam , since angels technically cannot do wrong ,but human being doesnot do wrong ,while he has the power and the will to do so.

in a side note ,missionaries who get well informed about thier tremendous task, are welcomed to leave the mission any time if they recognise they arenot able /willing to appropriately following islamic teachings ..so they wouldnot ended up ridiculing people's belief .

as the last few words .... islam never penalizes people/missionaries for their errors ,not even for thier mistakes ..just in case if they are pleaded guilty , hope you recognise the difference.

the thought i cannot get rid of is " whats the point of adding new memeber to the church by people that God and chris arenot just working for them "??