Thread: Olympics 2008
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #35
Gidget

Gidget is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Dara Torres did this, too.

There is a clever strategy involved here....

Dopers often use substances like the cream and the clear....illegal, but unknown, so not technically on a list of banned substances.

By volunteering for blood testing a few months ago, Dara was being shrewd.

If nothing comes up on the test, she can continue to use the designer dope without much fear.

If the test turns up the foreign substance, she can deny knowing how it got there and then simply get clean before the games. She won't be disciplined because the designer dope is not on the list of banned substances. Also, I believe I read that voluntary testing is not actionable.

It would be interesting to note whether Phelps asked for these tests this week or last month. I have no clue.

I hope he isnt a doper. After all, Spitz also broke 7 WRs in one week, and that was 27 years ago, when designer dope was likely tough to come by...so being clean is definitely possible.

But too many of them are smashing records this week.....no way they are all clean.

Wasnt there a Spanish cyclist who was busted this past week for doping in the Olympics?
I did hear about Torres being heckled for asking for more tests. Btu I din't know the info. on designer dope, so thank you. I really hope that Phelps isn't doping, that would really wipe out all the reasons why I posted this thread to begin with. You think he would given all the hype around him, and not to mention the lack or privacy? Again, I would be so sad if he was.
I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PaloAltoCougar
Gidget is offline   Reply With Quote