View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 08:17 PM   #26
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
If there is not better quality here, then I see no reason to be here, and no reason to recommend it to others.

I'm curious, given your opinions, why you would want more traffic here. Many here are contented with having a small community.

Getting bigger would bring all kinds of headaches. Including increased costs. Are you aware that CG costs more to operate than CB (CB gets its hosting for free), and has probably a hundredth of the revenue? Maybe even one-thousandth the revenue.

NPR is not Rupert Murdoch. Neither is CG.
Since they are about equal, then logically, my reasons for being at one would be the same for being at another. I think your point is better taken if the quality were worse here...which it is not. If I am not wanted, on the other hand....no worries.

I came here of my own volition to give it a honest shot. I am not banned from CB, but wanted to jump into this place and see what it was all about. My observations, as stated previously, is that much, if not all of the preconception about this place is basically false...for good and for bad (meaning, it isnt The Godmakers incarnate, but it isnt Radcliffe Camera, either--both of which are current perceptions).

I enjoy it just fine here but think it would be better if there were more participation from a wider array of people. if I understand your reponse correctly, you seem to be more of the mindset that less is more.

I am not aware of the revenue streams for CB or CG. How much do you make here?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote