View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 12:12 PM   #4
outlier

outlier is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
Their platform is mostly based on victim thinking and is devoid of personal accountability and responsibility.
The thing that frustrates me about the dems is that there's actually some sound economic philosophy behind their platform. They just don't bother mentioning any of that and instead just pander to the lowest common denominators. Yes, worse than Republicans do.

I had a very interesting Dem econ professor in grad school -- he was eye-opening and helped me understand how it is that rich people (e.g., everyone in Silicon Valley) can support Democrats and how, at least theoretically (cuz good luck at empirically proving economic philosophy), social programs and increased spending can have overall net positive impacts on per capita GDP and median quality of life.

Granted, he was a moderate Dem.

And granted, it doesn't matter, since no party's going to campaign based on reason and rationale while they've got an electorate incapable of discerning reality.

Kodos in '08!

o

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.
- W. Churchill
outlier is offline   Reply With Quote