View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 03:27 AM   #5
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
I never said that Iran is not a threat. But I believe Iran is a pretty decent society, and the younger Iranians are reasonably educated and westernized enough that Iran will most certainly become more moderate over time.

I'm also saying that in Iran, they probably do a better job taking care of their orphans.

And it's not difficult to see why most Iraqis want us to leave, and why they think it's OK to kill US troops. We're supporting an incompetent and corrupt government and delaying the inevitable filling of a power vacuum. We might even be better off installing a dictator who is popular among Iraqis and willing to be partially loyal to us.
The fact that there are abused orphans in Iraq is awful.

But I think your expectations for Iraq's ability to govern itself are too high. This democracy thing is new. Many people involved in the new government have spent years doing things Saddam's way.

Just because Baghdad isn't a shining city on the hill right now doesn't mean it never will be.

And how do you know most Iraqis want us to leave? Who is touring the country polling its citizens on these issues?
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote