View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 04:20 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good win against USU

Bad first half, until the last bit, with that terrible fumble for the USU quarterback who has been there for what it seems like 10 years. Definitely point shaving on his part.

A loss to USU would have been devastating and demoralizing to the fan base. So it was good to have a nice win.

I'm very curious to see if it is possible that Mitch Matthews might be drafted. Late rounds. Is there a role for a guy like him with size and great hands and the ability to high-point a ball? I guess the question is how that athleticism and speed compares to CBs, LBs, and safeties in the NFL. Maybe it's not good enough. But maybe he gets a shot to show his abilities.

Tanner is good, but he had his ups and downs. A lot of his success was throwing contested jump balls that weren't very accurate (which helped his receivers, because they could adjust faster than DBs). It will be interesting next year, first, if Hill comes back. Then if Hill doesn't, how will Tanner Mangum improve? Making reads to secondary options remains a work in progress.

Defense was below expectations I think this year. Esp. that Missouri game. I was not impressed with our LB play this year.

And yeah, we need a new punter.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote