View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 10:49 PM   #17
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
He chose to submit to arrest, yes, but you know very well that you could drive a truck through the "perhaps in prophetic vision" bit.

And in what sense did he have lamb like innocence? Certainly not in the charges of destroying the press. As Indy and I agreed, he was innocent of anything that would justify his murder. But I won't assert that he was innocent in the same way Jesus was innocent, which is what Mormons sometimes seem to be implying (and you certainly may not be trying to imply this).
I don't want to see him as completely innocent. I honestly do not understand the angst many suffer in regards to Joseph Smith and his life. He was a man like you and I … We are all good and wise, and foolish and carnal.

If there is no hope that a man like Joseph Smith could act as a prophet and accomplish great things, then what hope is there for you and I to serve faithfully in church callings and accomplish great things in our families and amongst a community of Saints?

I am certain he is a prophet. I am certain he was martyred because of his testimony.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote