View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #21
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
Just spent the evening with family members who spent a month in Europe, with ten of those days in Italy. All said the same thing, Italian food sucks, and this has been the resounding opinion of those I talk with that have spent time in Italy. Initially I thought I was crazy, because Italian food to me has strong flavors, fused with great tasting oils and vinegars, but too many people say the same thing.

Now those I've talked to who served missions there seem to love and defend the food and always tell me I have eaten at the wrong places. I just can't seem to have found a solid meal that I would recommend to another.

For those here on the board who might end up in Italy, avoid restaurants, eat gelato, eat sandwiches in corner delis and save your money for food in France.
Ignore everything fusnik has said except the sentence about people who have served missions there and eating sandwiches from corner delis. The restaurants are great and Italian food is the best.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote