View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #19
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Contrary to what Sandra Day O'Connor thinks, I do not believe the goal of racial diversity is of critical importance for anything other than political correctness. An institution can be a racial kaleidescope and still be intellectually monotone.
I can agree that racial diversity will not always contribute to a diversity of views, but I disagree it addresses only PC issues. Mind you, I'm not much into PC, but I do care about representation of interests.

Quote:
More to the point, diversity of any kind is not really the church's primary goal (or, dare I say, the Lord's goal).
There you go again exhibiting hubris of knowing what Deity desires.

Quote:
The Jews, the Protestants -- they are comfortable being broken into two dozen pieces and still consider themselves "one" on some strange level. The LDS church is not looking for this kind of "diversity." It's hard to be diverse when you're the "only true church."
It's not just an issue of diversity. The Church is many things, and will not be able to govern efficiently and effectively, until the views of members throughout the world are considered. We will always see some disconnect until the needs of all members are important. Apparently to you, the needs of white male members are most important.