View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #37
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
To the extent my question as to the reasons for the project is viewed as belittling the Church, I apologize. It seemed with all the attaboys a few questions would not have been inappropriate.

I guess trying to understand the reasons for the project is a bad thing nowadays.

I don't see how sometimes acting civilly is buttkissing. Buttkissing seems to be something where one is being obsequious to obtain something. But, strange, as it might seem, I like many of the personalities here, even those with whom I've had heated discussions. I don't sense anybody here is "evil", other having the wrong political point of view , but please explain how sometimes desiring a civil discussion is buttkissing. Your perspectives are equally interesting at times.

I have been involved in development projects so examining, at least superficially, was and is interesting. I had not followed the downtown development issue, as I don't reside in SLC. I hope and pray it works, and that any reason which might cause it to fail, doesn't materialize.
It isn't belittling the church. This is a public issue. In fact, it might be the most important issue to SLC in decades. We had all better get used to having some open discussion on the topic. It can only make the end result better. If members approach this as a topic that we can't question (because it is tantamount to questioning the brethren), then the church is in a sad, sad state.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote