Thread: We're screwed
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #45
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
But they also fail to point out Clinton's role in the Subprime Market fiasco. It does seem to swing only one way. It's possible to argue that if one over-emphasizes the role of your predecessor, you can deflect attention from your own political failings. Every party does it, but arguing Obama won't fall prey to it, is again dishonest. He does and he will. He will not own up to his failures. It is political suicide to do so. But the electorate should hold the party which took such a tremendous risk liable for failure. They have already held the Republicans liable in ousting them and in failing to elect its party nominee.
I am not sure what you are arguing. If you are arguing that Obama's administration should be held liable if the stimulus proves to be a disaster, then I agree (and it will be). If it proves to be helpful, I would assume you agree that he should be given credit for it (and I don't think anyone will know if it helped or hurt for a long time, despite Tex's very premature and naive ramblings).
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote