Thread: Reorganized LDS
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 09:44 PM   #32
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
"This is what the Prophet recorded in his personal history: 'With W. W. Phelps and Oliver Cowdery as scribes, I commenced the translation of some of the characters or hieroglyphics, and much to our joy found that one of the rolls contained the writings of Abraham, another the writings of Joseph of Egypt, etc.,—a more full account of which will appear in its place, as I proceed to examine or unfold them. Truly we can say, the Lord is beginning to reveal the abundance of peace and truth.'
I took the above from the Ensign article quoted by Mike in this thread. It looks to me like the Prophet himself is saying that "the rolls contained the writings of Abraham, another the writings of Joseph of Egypt, etc." He seems to be clear and unequivacle in describing the physical characteristics of the scrolls. Ockham's razor? Did Joseph mean to say something other than what he seems to be saying in plain English?

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 08-23-2006 at 09:48 PM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote