View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #10
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
All the bounces went BYU's way? BYU was absolutely in control of that game deep into the 4th quarter. They let a big lead slip away. It isn't as if they came from behind and pulled off a miracle win. Odd playcalling helped Utah, to be sure, as did a few breaks (like a loose helmet that preserved possession). Hall had a bad day, and even with that bad day BYU was in total control until late in the game. For some reason, you note that Utah was "unable to connect with wide-open receivers," and think that suggests Utah is superior, but Hall's inability to connect with wide-open receivers is evidence that Utah was better. Really?

BYU is better than you gave them credit for by a long shot, and so is Bronco. You won't admit it, and we won't wait for you to do so, but we all know that is the underlying fact here.
Mikey is a pussy about Bronco and BYU football. Saying that, Patterson and TCU currently own BYU in a real big way still. I am not sure I think BYU overachieved this year, but they had a good year. Losing to FSU was a bad loss, and looking worse given the hindsight view of today but beating OU was great as was beating Utah. Utah had a great defense and BYU was able to win that game with a qb whose completion percentage was worse than Mattingly's career BA, I think that reflects some other good trends going on in the program. I still don't get the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth that inspired the prediction of a loss to AF but Archie and Mikey are habitual string pullers about BYU. It is the perfect team for them because they know the institutional limitations will keep BYU's ceiling about where it is, which is pretty damn good, but at a level that the occassional TCU and Utah team can elevate above. If one wants to be a pussy, being a BYU fan is a match made in heaven!