View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 04:34 PM   #11
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
Not at all.

I am actually quite hopeful, just not hopeful for the things many value.

I am quite hopeful of scientific advancements. Quite hopeful that life will change. Quite hopeful of exploration.

I am not hopeful that large institutions change, except through violent means or over a very long time. History seems to provide support for this.

I'm a hopeful pragmatist.
What kind of a hope is that? Your hope is limited to hoping for scientific advancement, that life will change, and that we will explore? You have set your standards very low. All of those are things that are GUARANTEED to happen.

I truly think something has happened in your life which made you afraid of failure and of vulnerability. You now play things extremely safe and set your expectations extremely low. By so doing, you think you won't be exposed to failure. I feel like you placed trust in an individual once and were seriously burned, leading to your overly cynical attitudes. I don't know you at all, but that is the feeling I get. I most certainly could be wrong.

We don't understand each other and we are on opposite sides of virtually every spectrum. All I know is that I, like homeboy, feel incredibly depressed after every exchange I have with you.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote