View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #14
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
One early morning Saturday run, the day after I OD on some fresh cherries, I found myself in a desperate predicament. I was running up by the Provo temple through some neighborhoods when it hit. I was right by Timpview High School and I seriously thought I was going to have to leave my mark on someone's lawn when suddenly I noticed the bathrooms by the baseball field. It was like God had put them there just for me at that moment.

Holy Crap! That was a great story, Marsupial. It was undoubtedly a moving experience for you.

I had an experience this morning I would like to share with you all. While I was laboring on my early morning jaunt, I found myself at the apex of my run, 2.2 miles from home exploring a new neighborhood where I had previously never gone before. My mind was taken back to Fuegote's original post and I realized that now would be a terrible time to have "the urge". The lawns were too nicely manicured to defile and the house was too far away to hobble home and avoid a “ThatSportsFan” fate.

While I was in the deepest of despairs, thinking about what could potentially happen, suddenly I came upon a new home construction site. Considering the depressed state of the economy in our area, this alone was a sign from above. But there, next to the sidewalk, basking in the soft glow of the streetlight, like a lighthouse to the lost sailor, was a blue name-brand Port-A-Potty, in exceptional condition, I might add.

And while I did not have to make use of this heaven-sent place of public convenience, it was truly a testament to me that God loves the runners (and the cyclists – I've had equally “moving” experiences on a bike that I may share at a later time).

In the name of Prefontaine, Ed Eyestone, Doug Padilla and Fuegote, Amen.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote