Thread: Disgusting
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #12
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE View Post
I'm complaining about the fickle media men pointing cameras. Why is this photo news? Because it shows a man suffering? If that's the case they can find that news all over the world. Hell, they can probably walk to their local street corner and if they wait a few minutes they'll see somebody getting the hell beat out of them. There is no shortage of suffering in the world and the world press doesn't report most of it.

What bothers me is the fact that this is news not because of what happened but the fact that it happened in a country we're gearing up to hate.

Whether we "Bomb, bomb, bomb... bomb, bomb Iran" (think Beach Boys and that one is good) or not is another matter... I'm just sick of the way the media covers "news."
Do any of these other places you mention have deep connections to terrorists. In addition to that, are any of these places trying to make a bomb.

I agree, we probably don't care enough to act when brutality happens in other countries unless that psychology of brutality could be visited upon us later.

Seeing those men only frightens me if those same men with masks on sit next to a button that can send off a nuke.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote