View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 12:24 AM   #10
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
Do your wives make you lunches to eat, or do you go out to eat? If they make your lunch what sorts of things do they pack for you?

I am kind of opposed to sandwiches. I know that's weird, few people understand the aversion. Let's just say that after years of nothing but sandwiches for lunch I got some serious burnout. I'll eat them if someone else makes one, or if they crop up at a meeting or something, but you'll never catch me making one for myself.

Which leaves me in kind of a dilemma as to what to eat for lunch. I don't really like eating out, so I try and avoid going that route. I know it's not entirely normal but if I don't pay attention I'll forget to eat lunch all together and then have to eat a big dinner to try and compensate for lost calories (which fyi, is not effective).

So in an effort to improve my eating habits I've been trying to remember to take food with me to work for lunch. I taken frozen tamales sometimes and microwave them. I don't usually have a lot of leftovers. Is that what you all eat for lunch? Leftovers?
Does anyone's wife make them lunch? That would be an incredible thing.

I try to change up on the usual sandwiches with lots of soups that I make, but I have access to a refrigerator. Also, in an effort to broaden the lunch menu for myself and my daughter I started making hummus burritos. These are super easy (tortilla, hummus, maybe avocado or tomato) tasty, and avoid a lot of the fat that is in peanut butter. Always a little fruit. Maybe some almonds, something crazy like that.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote