View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #12
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
Next years team needs Leung Weit to be able to contribute right away. Hopefully he and a healthy Hooks can man the middle next year.
I don't see it unless the kid has NFL capability. Even Bryan Kehl wasn't that good in 2005 and in hindsight what if BYU had redshirted him in 2005? If this defense had Nixon back at the weakside and Kehl on the strongside Tafuna and Fowler would look much better than they are.

I understand that BYU may have no choice but to play Leung Wei next year but I think expecting him to be much of an upgrade to what the Y currently has is a stretch. What if BYU redshirts him and then has a studly MLB to build around for two years while the offense rebuilds after Collie, Hall, Pitta and Unga all move on.

I understand that Manti Teo wants to play strongside OLB if he comes to BYU. If he comes to BYU and Alissa doesn't head on a mission, why not consider moving Vic So'oto to ILB and play Teo and Alissa at OLB with Clawson and move Vic to ILB? I like Vic's mass over the lighter Baumen and Doman and Hooks and So'oto would be like night and day athletically compared to Baumen and Doman.