View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 04:20 PM   #4
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
actually creek, it depends on how important the ride is and what means you have to get back home. If I can call my wife and get back home, failure is not as important.

However, if it's the ride you've been building up to all season, then yes, that's important. That's why on those rides I carry an extra TIRE.

Also, if you ride with a partner, it's not as likely that the both of you will have failures, and you can pool your resources.

It's probably a good idea to keep enough cash for a tube in your saddle bag, that way you can hand it over to a good samaritan immediately.
I don't like folding tires on the triple or tandem. I will admit the lack of a pump and the lack of cash on the bike were my fault. I simply forogt them. I usually have cash stashed on each bike and a pump on each one, but because we don't use the triple as often as th eother bikes, it sometimes get s forgotten when I am stocking up.

On the ride this satruday, I knew it was well supported with 6 sag wagons patrolling the course and so I wasn't as worried about prep as I normally would be.