View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 05:00 PM   #49
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I would like you to improve your ability to articulate a reasoned position. Simply calling another person a liar is not a reasoned position.

Let's start by examining your statement that lawyers are liars.

In fact, we can be sanctioned under law and by courts if we lie.

What is a lie? It is an intentional misrepresentation of a known false proposition for a false proposition. Lawyers may indeed make mistakes, but that is not a lie. Lawyer may argue positions that others do not accept, that is not a lie.

You also like the term BS, and you must be using it figuratively, as BS, excrement coming for a bovine male is not literally thrown a lawyer, at least not usually. So you are using the term loosely to refer to anything you don't like.

Look, Rocky, if you're going to engage in verbal discussions, you'll need to become more adept at language, its structure and how to use it, if you want to be taken seriously.

You claim to know truth. How? I can list two or three ways people can learn and know truth. One is through reason and thinking. People can be trained to reason. Another is empirical events, i.e., learning through doing. And some believe they can learn through metaphysical transfers. How have you learned truth? Answer these questions, because you seem to repeat your tactics in every discussion but you don't make your points very well.

What is your profession, what rules of honesty does your profession have?