View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #4
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
What? No pictures?
Alright...you asked for it.

This is the aftermath. Doesn't hurt much now.

I also found the little blurb about me that was in the paper, if anyone cares:

Shane Bauman

Shane Bauman got a little choked up when asked about his reason for running the ISJ Pocatello Marathon.
One look at his shirt told why.

Bauman, from Utah, made a shirt with Blake Stephens' name, rank, death date and the words ''Rest in Peace.'' More importantly, he dedicated the marathon to Stephens, a Century High School graduate who was killed in Iraq in May.

Stephens dated Bauman's wife's sister in high school, and Stephens used to borrow his girlfriend's family's video camera to record him and his friends around town.

While recently watching the videos, Bauman thought about what he could for Stephens.

''You know, he was really a good guy. So I wanted to do something for him,'' Bauman said. ''I wrote to Blake's parents and asked them if I could do this for him, and they said it would be OK. He'd actually been training to do it.''

Bauman dedicated the first 25 miles of the run to Stephens, who died as a 25-year-old soldier.

''I thought about him the whole time,'' Bauman said. ''My only regret is that I couldn't run it faster.''

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/art...ing/news07.txt
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote