View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 09:29 PM   #42
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

OK I'm late to this thread because of my limited internet time, but I have to respond to a few things.

I am very glad someone brought up the Beatles. Let me say it as bluntly as I can. The Beatles suck. There is nothing that I remotely like about there music. It is not because I do not like older music because some of my favorite music is the jazz from the 60's.

Prince is easily one of the most underrated guitarist out there. He is absolutely amazing. I have a live version of Joy in Repitition and it sounds like he is channeling Eddie Hazel (one of the best of all time IMO) on the song. Prince is a musical genius it is that simple.

I will now proceed to upset several people and list many bands that I just do not get.

U2
Metallica: I do not blame them for being so afraid people were stealing their music. Afteral if I made music that bad I would be afraid that people would not buy it either.
Rush
Journey/Foreigner: other than for comedic purposes. Mainly I do not understand anyone who claims that he can tell the difference between the two.
Beatles: it just needs repeating

I could keep going on but I will not.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote