Thread: UFC 73 Stacked!
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 05:06 AM   #15
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

well Stacked wasnt real great.

3 of the 5 fights went the distance.

Tito and Rashad end up in a draw because Tito had a point taken away for hanging on to the cage. Disappointing fight Tito tried to push the tempo but Rashad kept backing away.

Sean Sherk dominated Hermes Franca, but couldnt put him away, he won all 5 rounds but he couldnt end the fight, kept passing his guard just never did anything after that.

Noguera took a huge kick to the head early from HErring, Heath jumped on him tried to finish him and then backed off and let him stand up for some stupid reason. The fight was over at that point but Herring let Noguera recover, Minatauro came back and won the fight handily.

Anderson Silva never disappoints some of the best striking i have ever seen, he dominated Marquardt, got full mount and dropped some bombs, ending the fight in the 1st round.

Kenny Florian fought a similar fight to Silva getting full mount early and dropping bombs, Robinson actually submitted while being punched.

My problem with MMA recently as well as boxing (i watched Klistchko today) is their is no sense of urgency. If you are being beaten on the scorecards and you know it, why not come out in the final round with no fear? You are going to lose regardless who cares if you get knocked out? I think most people realize win or lose they are getting a big pay day so who cares what happens.