View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 11:54 PM   #3
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

1) Prologue - Fabian Cancellara - Beat Lance by 2 seconds in 2004 prologue and appears to be in good form this year.

2) Stage 1 - Robby McEwen - I can't stand the guy, but he's got a heck of a motor and great lead-out.

3) Stage 9 - Rasmussen - This one's not even close. Blows away the field for a victory of several minutes

4) Stage 13 - Michael Rogers - Should be a close field, but I like the world champ.

5) Stage 14 - Vinokourov - I think this will be a great day of racing with Vino leading the charge with several contenders within a minute. This is the one that decides the GC for me.

6) Stage 15 - Alejandro Valverde - He wins the stage, but Vino is able to cover the attacks and finish right on his wheel.

7) KOM (polka dot jersey)- Mikael Rasmussen

Sprint Points (green jersey) - Robbie McEwen. Up until this week, I would have chosen Pettachi, who was riding very well in Italy recently, but now we know why.

9) Paris Champs-Élysées - Thor Hushovd with a surprise repeat performance

10) GC overall (maillot jaune)- 1) Vino 2) Valverde 3) Kloden

PS - I just noticed that I had messed up the order of the 9th and 13th stages in the original post. If you switch the order in your response like I did, just make sure that you indicate which is which.

Last edited by bluegoose; 07-05-2007 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Goofed up on the order
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote