View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 10:38 PM   #26
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
What do you say to those "living amongst the bureaucrats, the prosecutors, the street people, as lawyers, cops..." who STILL believe in the Patriot Act?

PS to those watching: this IS just a derivative of the "I'm smarter than you" logical fallacy. Also known as: "If you knew what I knew, you'd agree with me."

I don't think you'll find conservatives among the people who would argue that government cannot abuse its power.
I claim no intelligence, just experience outside of yours. But for my unfortunate experiences with abuses of power, I would be as naive as the next guy, believing government won't improperly prosecute a person, won't abrogate important rights in a political case, and believing cops always treat their victims with compassion and according to the Constitution.

I'm worried about the erosion of rights before and as they occur.

How is, "I've got experience in this" a derivative, "I'm smarter"? I don't see the connection frankly.

Conservatives typically live middle or upper class lives with very little intrusion that disturbs their Stepford Wives view of life. Life has forced me outside of my comfort zone.