View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #27
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
With all due respect, would it be a step forward to at least have more specific guidelines when it comes to the reasons for the convening of a Bishop's or SP Disciplinary Council? Based on my conversations with these sisters, I would have thought Sister X would be subject to a DC, and Sister Y to "working it out" with her Bishop. I understand there are even more discrepancies in behavior with the exercise of discipline by mission presidents. Some are quick to send even minor offenders home; others take the time to work with individuals and keep them in the field. In this regard, I would hope the handbook would be revised to be more specific and not subject to quite so much interpretation.
I knew one bishop who made a point of asking females whether a male had "spilled himself" during sexual sin (based on independent stories from various members of the singles ward). If the male had "spilled himself," then the punishment was was 12 months, no matter what the behavior that led to the result. Anyone know if that's in the Church Handbook?
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote