View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 01:20 AM   #3
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

The first person to stand up today (after the conducting counselor) was a little girl, maybe about 6 or 7. She went to the pulpit by herself and the first thing she said was, "I know this church is true."

My thoughts: "Someone needs to talk to that girl afterward and tell her that it's not possible for her to really 'know' the church is true, and that she really should say 'believe' instead. And someone needs to talk to her parents and let them know that its inappropriate for their kids to be getting up and bearing their testimony, especially unbaptized ones."

The next person to get up a was a lady who also bore passionate testimony of how true the church was.

I thought: "How can she say that? It doesn't save you and it doesn't exalt you. Anyone listening to that probably thinks we're a bunch of brainwashed whack jobs."

Then an older brother got up and talked about visiting some old American history cites as a teenager, and how thankful he was for the early sacrifices of American (not just LDS) pioneers.

I thought: "What does this have to do with the church? Is this a thank-you-mony? Why don't you tell us WHAT you believe, and WHY you believe it?"

Think I have spent too much time on Cougarguard?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 07-02-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote