View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 12:31 AM   #15
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
In the end, we must comprehend ourselves fully to comprehend of and partake of the nature of God. Temet Nosce.
While we are here as children of god and thus include that potenital in our nature, knowing ourselves now is really just further familairity with the natural man. WOuldn't it be more accurate to say that we should know our true nature, as opposed to our present nature? Isn't this the enitre goal of becoming 'at-one' with God (or the mighty change of heart King Benjamin talks about)? Perhaps this is what you mean,as I read this thread pretty quickly. But it seems to me that you are really talking about knowing the pre-fall self, not the post-fall self (which is why the story of the fall is so important and repeated so often).

Also, by being asked to somethign most in the church aren't, are you suggesting that God would ask us to do something inconsistent with the rules he has given to all others? What do you mean by that? Nephi/Laban sort of thing or are you talking about something esle? Remeber, I am a spiritual child, so go easy.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote