View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 08:15 PM   #53
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I don't necessarily believe that God does select most of our leaders. I believe that God approves of our leaders after the remaining leaders contemplate and pray about a replacement for a leader who has passed away. For this reason, I believe that most of our leaders tend to come from a small inner circle of people, largely Utahns, almost universally American and white.

If this is true, then one has to ask if the current leaders are really pondering those outside of their inner circle for leadership positions. If it is not true, then it is just the way it is and God has a reason for it. I don't think the evidence suggests that God is actively selecting church leaders, though, other than perhaps a handful. In general, I think the evidence suggests that God lets people work things out on their own and then confirms that what they have chosen can work out and be acceptable (which doesn't imply that what they have chosen is the only way or even the best way).
Therefore implying that someone such as, say...yourself could and would make a more appropriate decision in regards to calling a new leader.

It's a fascinating theory, but I think that you ultimately place limitations on divinity to assume that God does not prepare our leaders, does not place the appropriate people in the path of current leaders, to subsequently be considered in those decisions. The way you describe it sounds like you very much believe it to be the "luck of the draw" if you will. If you by chance HAPPEN to be born on the bench, and you HAPPEN to grow up in a good family, and you find yourself friends with GA's in this ward that chance drove you to be in then you might just find yourself being called to be a GA.

This is good information to have. I think I'd like to be the mother of a GA, so someday when I get married I'll tell my husband that we have to move to the bench, because that's clearly how one gets called.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote