View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #39
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
That suggests that the current message is less "inclusive and caring" and I dispute that. I think it is desirable ... just not for the reasons you're saying. I'm not going to see the first black apostle called and think, "Oh good! Now the blacks will know we care about them!" The black members of the church should already know and feel that.
Then why do you find it desirable Tex?

I find it desirable because we are a church that has more members outside of the United States than in it and yet it is not close to even reflecting that in church leadership. Hopefully, our top leadership of the church will reflect that in the near future. It will take time. And yes, I think it is vital that we have members of the quorum from different regions all over the world. Have an apostle or a general authority from Japan, South Africa, Sweden, Samoa, Ecuador, etc. will have great influence in their countries and in those regions. They will bring to the table much more (in a knowledge of its country's history, culture, etc.) than someone not from that area. I truly believe the church will grow faster and grow stronger when we have people of influence from those regions in higher levels of church positions.

President Hinckley is a remarkable man and the church has seen change under his leadership. Here is hoping that it will continue and improve over the next 25 years.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote