Thread: Bee update
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #10
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Garrison Keillor, in his The Book of Guys, wrote:

"We go around with a sense that our gender peaked in the eighteenth century. The Kings, the Court, the Church, Kighthood, Guilds--all of that worked for guys: in paintings by the Old Masters, guys looked good, whether boy or burgher, hearty and flush, good-humored, bold, prosperous, Guys at Their Best. After that, guys vanished from art, except for troubled self-portraits. Now our gender supplies all the major criminals and all the major candidates for high office; the female gender supplies the goddesses of light and mercy. What went wrong?"

"They (women) can't take over the world fast enough for me. I mean that. Let them run everything. They should take over business and government and manage society and finance and let guys be artists and hoboes."

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote