Thread: 3 cranks vs. 2
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 09:49 PM   #34
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
Di Luca did yesterday's Giro mountain stage with a 34/29 gear ratio. The last climb was 6.3 miles and averaged 11.9% grade, with the max grade being 20+%. According to MTBs link, that gear would be nearly identical to my triple 30/25.

Whats my point, you may be asking? I don't think its possible to hang on a serious climb with a comparable rider if you are on standard double and he has either a compact with a huge rear cog or has a triple.

Is there a serious flaw in my argument that I am missing?
I just find it humorous that Archaea's friends will make fun of him if he has a triple. Some cyclists are just a different breed.. I'll probably never fully immerse myself into the cycling culture.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote